Interested in becoming a sponsor for the 2017 event? Email us! Fun fact: 100% of race proceeds go back to local charities to make Tucson a kinder, healthier, happier place!
Check back this fall for more details on the 2017 Fine Valentine event! Check out pictures here from last year's sold-out 700 person event. Thanks to you we were able to doante $7000 to local non-profits: half to Ben's Bells Project and half back into Southern Arizona Roadrunners' own programming such as the Children's Fitness Fund.
Be part of the event that was featured by Runners World as a race that gets you feeling the love! True loves, best buds and solo runners & walkers are all encourage to sign-up this fun race and post-race brunch!
Stay up-to-date by joining our facebook event page and following us on instagram @runSAR, #SARvalentine!
Need to know info:
Highlights: Relay and individual race options, free post-race brunch, free mimosa to SAR members, PDA relay exchange zone, costume contest, course including the UofA stadium ramps, optional Fed By Threads race shirts and more!
When: Sunday, February 12th, 2017. Gun goes off at 8:30am.
Where: Staging area at Main Gate Square outside of Gentle Ben's (865 E University Ave). Start line in front of UofA's Centennial Hall.
Race Cap: The race is capped at 800 entrants. Last year we sold out so sign up early!
- Race Options (Each lap includes one set of UofA stadium ramps!)
- - 4 mile Relay: 2-person relay where each person runs a 2-mile lap. Friends, sweethearts & family members can be a team! Relays must show some form of PDA (Public Display of Affection) at the Agility Spine & Sports PDA Exchange Zone and at the awards ceremony to be eligible for prizes!
- - 4 mile individual race: 2 laps of the course
- - 2 mile fitness walk/jog: 1 lap of the couse
- - Free kids' dash after the main race
- Registration & Packet Pick-Up Options:
- - Register online by midnight Thursday, February 9th, 2017.
- - Print a form and mail it in by Saturday, February 4th, 2017.
- - Registration & Packet pick-up at the Running Shop on Campbell Saturday, February 11th, 2017 from 11am-2pm.
- - Race morning packet pick-up from 7am-8am outside of Gentle Ben's (865 E University Ave). Registration will only be available if race is not sold out. Last year we sold out!.
Group challenge: Win a Keg! Get your organization, running group, company, or group of friends to sign up and let us know what group you are with when you register! The group with the most participants wins (all race options count)! The grand prize for the group challenge will be a gift certificate for a keg from Gentle Ben's/Barrio Brewing Co.! ALL group members must be over 21 to win this prize, sorry no exceptions. To count as a member of your group you must sign up BEFORE race day! We'll post standing updates the weeks leading up to the race!
- More Fun Contests:
- - Costume Contest - Best costume duo wins a prize with other fun prizes for runners up!
- - PDA Contest - Date night gift certificate for most creative PDA at the Agility Spine & Sports Physical Therapy PDA Exchange Zone!
- - Raffle Table at the SAR info booth - Be sure to put a raffle ticket in before the race!
Optional Pre-Order Race Shirts: Be sure ro register two weeks before the race to gaurentee your chance to purchase an optional Fed By Threads race shirts. Last year we sold out of shirts during the last week of registration. Stay tuned for this year's design! Last year's great shirt featured this artwork from Michael Miller!
Brunch & Mimosa Post-Race Awards Party at Gentle Ben's:
- Free egg/potato/bacon breakfast for all participants during the awards party at Gentle Ben's!
- - Mimosa & bloody mary specials for purchase during the awards party! Don't forget your wallet & ID!
- - First mimosa to all Southern Arizona Roadrunners members that do the race is free! Learn how to become a member here!
- - Kind Valentine, Ben's Bells booth, raffle table & photo booth
Date and Time
February 12th, 2017
Results will be gun timed. Please allow faster runners to line up towards the front to ensure a safe start!
4 Mile Relay: Winners will receive date night prizes sponsored by various Main Gate merchants and other local businesses. Participants in the Relay category are not eligible for individual awards. Remember - you don't need to be a romantic duo but you do have to show some form of PDA to claim a prize!
Categories: Combined age under 60, Combined age 60-79, Combined age 80-99, Combined age 100-119, Combined age 120+.
Date gift certificates to great local businesses!
4 Mile Individual Race: Top finishers overall and top three in 10-year age categories will receive awards sponsored by The Running Shop, Main Gate merchants and other local businesses.
Costume contest: First place costume wins a date night prize! More great prizes for runners up!
PDA Contest: Most creative Public Display of Affection at the exchange zone wins a date night prize
Group challenge: The grand prize for the group challenge will be a gift certificate for a keg from Gentle Ben's Brewing Co./Barrio Brewing! ALL group members must be over 21 to win this prize, sorry no exceptions. To count as a member of your group you must sign up BEFORE race day!
This year’s race will benefit Ben’s Bells Project. Their mission is to inspire, educate and motivate each other to realize the impact of intentional kindness and to empower individuals to act according to that awareness, thereby strengthening our selves, our relationships and our communities.
Thanks to Agility Spine & Sports Physical Therapy, Main Gate Square, Spirit Messingham at Tierra Antigua Realty, Arizona Roofing Solutions, The Running Shop, Inglis Florist, Genesis Crossroads OB/GYN, One to One Photography, Craig Dabler Jewelry & Gentle Ben's Brewing.