Thank you all who ran, walked, kissed, cheered and sponsored in 2016's sold-out Fine Valentine Relay. This year's race was twice the size than it ever was before with over 700 registrants! Thanks to all of you, we are able to give over $7000 back to local non-proftis; half to Ben's Bells Project and half back into Southern Arizona Roadrunners' own programming such as the Children's Fitness Fund. Not to mention, over 3,000 emergency meals will be fed to people in need thanks to those who purchased our Fed By Threads race shirts! Together we are helping build a kind, caring and fit community here in Tucson!
Check out pictures here!
Take a short survey to help us make next year's event even better!
Find results here. If you finished top three in your category and did not pick up your prize, you can visit The Running Shop to claim it!
Check back this fall for details on the 2017 Fine Valentine event!
Be part of the event that was featured by Runners World as a race that gets you feeling the love! True loves, best buds and solo runners are all welcome!
Stay up-to-date by joining our facebook event page and following us on instagram @runSAR, #SARvalentine!
Need to know info:
When: Sunday, February 14th, 2016. Gun goes off at 8:30am.
Where: Staging area at Main Gate Square outside of Gentle Ben's (865 E University Ave). Start line in front of UofA's Centennial Hall.
Race Cap: Event is sold out! The race is capped at 700 entrants.
- Race Options (Each lap includes one set of UofA stadium ramps!)
- - 4 mile Relay: 2-person relay where each person runs a 2-mile lap. Friends, sweethearts & family members can be a team! Relays must show some form of PDA (Public Display of Affection) at the Agility Spine & Sports PDA Exchange Zone and at the awards ceremony to be eligible for prizes!
- - 4 mile individual race: 2 laps of the course
- - 2 mile fitness walk/jog: 1 lap of the couse
- - Free kids' dash after the main race
- Registration & Packet Pick-Up Options:
- - Register online by midnight Thursday, February 11th, 2016.
- - Print a form and mail it in by Saturday, February 6th, 2016.
- - Registration & Packet pick-up at the Running Shop on Campbell Saturday, February 13th, 2016 from 11am-2pm.
- - Race morning packet pick-up from 7am-8am outside of Gentle Ben's (865 E University Ave). Race is sold out - there will not be any registration race morning.
- -Please know your team name when you come to the registration table. Take a look here at the relay teams!
Group challenge: Win a Keg! Get your organization, running group, company, or group of friends to sign up and let us know what group you are with when you register! The group with the most participants wins (all race options count)! The grand prize for the group challenge will be a gift certificate for a keg from Gentle Ben's/Barrio Brewing Co.! ALL group members must be over 21 to win this prize, sorry no exceptions. To count as a member of your group you must sign up BEFORE race day! Check here for standings as of Feb 4th!
- More Fun Contests:
- - Costume Contest - Best costume duo wins $100 cash prize donated by Main Gate/Marshall Foundation with other fun prizes for runners up!
- - PDA Contest - $75 dinner for two at Lodge on the Desert for most creative PDA at the Agility Spine & Sports Physical Therapy PDA Exchange Zone!
- - Raffle Table at the SAR info booth - Be sure to put a raffle ticket in before the race!
- Brunch & Mimosa Post-Race Awards Party at Gentle Ben's:
- - Free egg/potato/bacon breakfast for all participants during the awards party at Gentle Ben's!
- - Mimosa & bloody mary specials for purchase during the awards party! Don't forget your wallet & ID!
- - First mimosa to all Southern Arizona Roadrunners members that do the race is free! Learn how to become a member here!
- - Kind Valentine, Ben's Bells booth, raffle table & photo booth
Optional Pre-Order Race Shirts: Turns out that you guys loved our optional purchase Fed By Threads race shirts as much as we did and we are almost completely sold out! There will be very limited quantities available for purchase race morning for $15. We keep our shirts optional so we can keep our registration fees low. Plus we know some of you love adding to your collection while others have more race shirts than they will ever need. (Thanks Michael Miller at HelixDSGN for the awesome artwork!)
Date and Time
The 20th anniversary of the event is on Valentine's Day - February 14th, 2016.
Results will be gun timed. Please allow faster runners to line up towards the front to ensure a safe start!
4 Mile Relay: Winners will receive date night prizes sponsored by various Main Gate merchants and other local businesses. Participants in the Relay category are not eligible for individual awards. Remember - you don't need to be a romantic duo but you do have to show some form of PDA to claim a prize!
Categories: Combined age under 60, Combined age 60-79, Combined age 80-99, Combined age 100-119, Combined age 120+.
Date gift certificates to great local businesses: Pasco Kitchen and Lounge ($100 to the fastest duo!), Prep & Pastry, Main Gate, Graze, Rocco's Little Chicago Pizzeria, Roadhouse Theaters, Frog n Frickin, Calle-Tepa, Ghini's French Caffe, No Anchovies, The Fix Mac N Cheese, Illegal Pete's, Wilko, Time Market, Sky Bar, Pizza Studio, Espresso Art, Brooklyn Pizza, Casa Video, 4th Ave Yoga, Espresso Art and more!
4 Mile Individual Race: Top finishers overall and top three in 10-year age categories will receive awards sponsored by The Running Shop, Main Gate merchants and other local businesses. Top female and top masters female will also win a gift certificate for Criag Dabler Jewelry.
Costume contest: First place costume wins $100 donated by Main Gate/Marshall Foundation! More great prizes for runners up!
PDA Contest: Most creative Public Display of Affection at the exchange zone wins a $75 dinner for two to Lodge on the Desert!
Group challenge: The grand prize for the group challenge will be a gift certificate for a keg from Gentle Ben's Brewing Co./Barrio Brewing! ALL group members must be over 21 to win this prize, sorry no exceptions. To count as a member of your group you must sign up BEFORE race day!
This year’s race will benefit Ben’s Bells Project. Their mission is to inspire, educate and motivate each other to realize the impact of intentional kindness and to empower individuals to act according to that awareness, thereby strengthening our selves, our relationships and our communities.
Thanks to Agility Spine & Sports Physical Therapy, Main Gate Square, Spirit Messingham at Tierra Antigua Realty, Arizona Roofing Solutions, The Running Shop, Inglis Florist, Genesis Crossroads OB/GYN, One to One Photography, Craig Dabler Jewelry & Gentle Ben's Brewing.