SAVE THE DATE: The 9th Annual TMC Meet Me Downtown 5k Night Run and Walk is scheduled for Saturday night, May 30, 2015.
2015 Race Features
* Team Discount Sign up online or by mailing in the SAR form. Biggest team receives $150 gift to Maynard’s Kitchen, and all teams eligible for $150 to Hotel Congress and Cup Cafe. Team registration ends May 24th.
* Super-fast course along the wide Downtown boulevards with neighbor support, plus prize money for top finishers and age group awards in 5-year categories
* Free Children’s Mile starts at 6:30 PM—we want every child in Tucson to walk or run a mile with Mayor Rothschild. Everyone is free—so bring your family and do a mile with the kids!
* Cox Communications is providing jumping castles and TMC and the Children’s Museum are hosting play activities for the kids
* Local daredevils Cirque Roots will do a fire show after the race
* We’re still in the permit stage, but it looks good for the beer garden!
* Tucson’s music queen, LeeAnne Savage and the Cosmic Cowboys, will rock the house
* Traditional Post-Race After-Party at Hotel Congress with 2-4-1 drinks and more
* Customized technical men’s and women’s t-shirts
* PhotoFunBooth will be on hand to snap your group’s photo
* Special thanks to the City of Tucson, the Tucson Police Department, and Rural Metro for providing the resources to produce a safe and healthy Downtown event!
Do you need coaching to achieve your running goals? Whether you want to run your first 5k or set a super-cool PR, contact Tia for online coaching or in-person coaching, including group running at The Workout Group. An RRCA certified coach who holds an MA in education, Tia and her team of certified coaches can help you accomplish your running goal!
WANNA’ HOST A CHEER ZONE?
TEAM CHALLENGE DETAILS
Make a team! Join with others from your work, gym, bootcamp, or church—just register in teams of 5 or more! All team members receive the discounted price of $20 per person. Sign up online here or by mailing in the SAR form. The team with the most participants receives a $150 gift certificate to Maynard’s Kitchen. All teams are entered into a raffle and one team will be selected to receive a $150 gift certificate to Hotel Congress and Cup Cafe. Team registration ends May 24th.
First Leg of the 2015 Gabe Zimmerman Triple Crown
Meet Me Downtown is honored to once again be the first leg of the Gabe Zimmerman Triple Crown. Gabe lost his life in the January 2011 shooting here in Tucson, but his legacy lives on. From the Gabe Zimmerman Davison Canyon Trailhead to the Gabe Zimmerman Meeting Room at the U.S. Capital, Gabe’s presence will forever be a part of our community. The Triple Crown donates $10 from every entry to Gabe’s favorite non-profit, Child and Family Resources.
For those new to local running events, Meet Me Downtown is produced by the Southern Arizona Roadrunners—a member-driven non-profit devoted to promoting health and wellness through running and walking. If you are not a SAR member, please consider joining—you can save all sorts of money off race entry fees, receive discounts to many local merchants, and be part of a great community of people. See http://azroadrunners.org/go/category/membership/join for details.
This race is part of The Running Shop Grand Prix, produced by SAR.
Date and Time
Saturday, May 30, 2015, 6:30 Free Children’s Mile with 5k race and walk at 7:00 pm
Details for 2015 Announced Soon
Children’s Museum, Tucson
Child and Family Resources
Greater Tucson Leadership
Educational Enrichment Foundation
Southern Arizona Roadrunners
More to follow . . .
Kids' and Post-Race Activities
Don’t forget to smile for the camera – the MMD official race photographer will snap you out on the course, then you can purchase your race photos at www.prphotoshots.com.
After the race, get your free photo taken by PhotoFunBooth – see www.photofunbooth.com.
All evening, children’s activities in front and inside of the Children’s Museum, courtesy of Tucson Medical Center and the Children’s Museum—plus games from The Tucson Racquet and Fitness Club and jumping castles courtesy of Cox Communications.
Snacks from Sprouts, drinks from Squirt and Activate. Participants and guests can also purchase food from the second-ever Running Race Food Truck Round-Up. After-party at Hotel Congress!
Visit with race beneficiaries and sponsors at the Race Expo on the grassy areas in front of the Children’s Museum.
Fire show by Cirque Roots.
8:30 and onwards: Official post-race party at Hotel Congress and Maynard’s Kitchen. Hotel Congress will host a live band on the patio, and provide 2-4-1 drinks plus special Meet Me Downtown appetizer discounts. Want something more upscale? Head over to Maynard’s Kitchen for a relaxing meal and drinks, with special food and drink discounts.
Thanks to artist Pete Marenfeld and RetroTrek for allowing us to use the great retro logo again!
Sponsors: Please patronize our great sponsors!! They believe in a healthy Tucson and they believe in an exciting and active Downtown . . .
Tucson Medical Center
The Running Shop
Caliente and the Arizona Daily Star
The law firm of Snell and Wilmer
Tucson Racquet and Fitness Club
Ideal Rehabilitation Physical Therapy
Downtown Tucson Partnership
Run Tucson and Meet Me Concepts