TMC BE TUCSON Women’s 5k Run/Walk and Men’s MileSunday, February 23, 2014 /
The sole women’s only race in Tucson, the BE TUCSON Women’s 5k will take place on Sunday morning, February 23rd.
* We're hoping to have a Running Shop Ladies Night -- check back for details!
* Cool technical t-shirt from Leslie Jordan designs and cool schwag from lululemon
* Cool wine glasses courtesy of The Running Shop for age-group winners -- and as raffle prizes!
* Hot firefighters: RuralMetro says they'll bring some buff firefighters to the race!
* Post-race health, fitness and beauty expo, hosted by La Encantada, featuring yoga experts, pilates instructors, boot camp leaders,
clothing boutiques, beauty salons, and more
* Thanks to the awesome Tucson Tri-Girls for volunteer help and to PhotoFunBooth for creating sweet memories!
* Plenty of food and drink courtesy of La Encantada merchants like A.J's.
* And men, we're not forgetting you: this is your chance to strut your stuff in front of the ladies, with a Men's Mile at 7:45 -- one screaming loop around La Encantada, with prizes and eternal fame on the line!!
Questions? Contact Race Director Randy Accetta at 520-991-0733 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date and Time
7:45 Men’s Mile
8:00 Women’s 5k
Race Distances and Courses
We’re working on a new course that would include a straight up and down of Campbell and a finishing lap around La Encantada. We’ll let you know more!
La Encantada at the northwest corner of Skyline Drive and Campbell Avenue, where, as they say, “Old-World Charm Meets Modern Luxury Retail in the Sonoran Desert.” If you want to map it, the address is 2905 E. Skyline Drive, Tucson, 85718.
SAR member before January 15, 2014: $15
NON-SAR member before January 15, 2014: $20
All between January 15 - February 15, 2014: $25
All, after February 15, through race morning: $30
All: $10, through February 15, then $20
- Print Registration Form and mail it in. Registration by mail must be postmarked by Friday, February 14, 2014.
- Register online with a credit card at active.com.
- Two options for in-person registration: Special Private Shopping Night at lululemon athletica on Wednesday night, February 12, from 6:00 - 8:00 pm, with free food and drinks Race Weekend Saturday, February 22nd 10-2 at The Running Shop 3055 North Campbell -- we're also working on a Friday night Ladies Night at The Shop, so check back!
- Sunday at La Encantada on race morning, February 23, 6:30-7:30 am
Check out the 2013 vendors - we’ll know more about the 2014 list soon!
Thanks to the Great AZ Outdoor Expo Vendors!
Arizona Wildlife Federation
Beat Cancer Boot Camp
Open Enclose Windows Doors & Cabinets
Oracle Modern Dentistry
Perfection Plastic Surgery & Skin Care
Sky Island Alliance
Southern Arizona Susan G. Komen
Tucson Clean & Beautiful
Steven M Gootter Foundation
Lupus Foundation of Southern AZ
Ride Now Powersports Tucson
Foundation for Cardiovascular Health
We’re working on it!
Sharon Bart at The Running Shop is donating some cool wine glasses for overall and age-group winners, plus we’ll have some other great stuff from LuluLemon, Paula Taylor Designs, and more!
2014 beneficiaries: SAR FitKidz Free Children’s Running Series
This event will help us celebrate the Two Year Anniversary of the free weekly walk/run titled “Meet Me at La Encantada.” Now you can meet your friends for a 3.1 mile walk or run through the neighborhoods surrounding La Encantada with great Tucson views. Meet Me at La Encantada! Sign in begins at 5:15pm at the lower courtyard.
Historically, the low is 41 and the high is in the low-70’s, with sunshine.
Results2013 | 2012 |
- Contact the Southern Arizona Roadrunners Hotline at (520) 326-9383 for more information.