POSTPONED - Dave's Run for ALS
NEW DATE - Sunday, May 24, 2020
WHAT ARE YOUR CURRENT OPTIONS AS SOMEONE WHO HAS ALREADY REGISTERED FOR THIS RACE?
OPTION 1: We truly hope that you can come to race with us on Sunday, May 24, 2020.
If it is not possible for you to make it on the new race date, choose one of the options below:
OPTION 2: Do the race virtually. Go to the Google Form HERE that you can fill out to tell us about your Virtual run, which you can do on any course of your choice between Friday, March 27 and Saturday, April 10, 2020. After your virtual run is completed you can head down to the Running Shop at 3055 N Campbell Ave #153, Tucson, AZ 85719 to pick up your shirt and medal. Make sure to call ahead to the Running Shop at (520) 325-5097 during regular business hours and let them know you are coming to pick up your items from Dave's Run for ALS. Let them know as well about what time you will arrive and they will put your items outside the door of the Running Shop for you. Alternatively, you can wait until the store is able to open again for regular business.
OPTION 3: You can defer your entry until next year's Dave's Run for ALS. Just drop an email to the Race Director if you are choosing this option. You will not be automatically deferred, you must tell the RD if you want to select this option!
*Refunds are not possible per SAR policy due to the fact that many expenses have already been incurred with this race. We hope you will bear with us and understand that we still hope to support are awesome local charity, the Jim Himelic Fund for ALS, as well as the SAR organization itself with the proceeds from this event.
** PLEASE NOTE THAT IF WE ARE UNABLE TO HOLD THE EVENT ON SUNDAY, MAY 24, 2020 DUE TO POLICY CHANGES RELATED TO PUBLIC EVENTS AND THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, THE IN-PERSON RACE WILL BE CANCELLED AND YOUR TWO OPTIONS AT THAT POINT WILL BE TO DO A VIRTUAL RACE. OR TO DEFER TO NEXT YEAR'S EVENT.
WHERE: Curtis Park near River and La Cholla. The park is on Curtis road just west of the 'Sporting Chance' building.
OVERVIEW: The 20th annual Dave's Run for ALS is an event for runners and walkers of all ages and abilities. The event honors the late David Filer who was an avid runner, active SAR member, and local business owner. David was diagnosed with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease, in the summer of 2000. Currently there is no cure for this fatal disease. A portion of the proceeds from the event will go specifically for ALS research, via the Jim Himelic foundation.
PACKET PICKUP: Saturday, May 23, 2020 from 10am - 1pm at The Running Shop at 3055 N Campbell Blvd.
TOP 10 REASONS TO DO THIS EVENT:
- MEDALS: Medals for every finsher of the 5K & 10K!
- TECH SHIRT: Technical running shirt for every registrant of the 5K & 10K!
- FREE: eegees for participants!
- FREE: bagels (most likely), fruit and snacks!
- FREE: kids activities such as facepainting and jumping castle!
- FREE: coffee courtesy of our amazing friends from Team Hoyt Arizona!
- TEAM PRIZE: team with most 5K & 10K registrants wins FREE eegees party worth $150!
- FLAT AND FAST COURSES: USATF certified flat and fast courses (electronically chip timed)
- FUN FOR WHOLE FAMILY: One Mile FitKidz (FREE for kids 12&under) and Family Run/Walk
- EARN POINTS: The 5K race is part of The Running Shop SAR Grand Prix series.
*PLEASE NOTE ONLY THE 5K IS PART OF THE RUNNING SHOP GRAND PRIX!
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Please click HERE to help out!
DAVE'S DOUBLE: What is DAVE's DOUBLE? It is a special challenge for those that want to test their mettle by racing the 5K and 10K back to back! Sound a little out there? It is, but it has become amazingly popular!
RACE DIRECTOR: Steve Outridge. Contact Steve here.
Date and Time
Sunday, May 24, 2020
6:30 AM - 5K Run/Walk
7:40 AM - 10K
7:45 AM - 1 Mile FitKidz & Family Run/Walk
***Please note the updated, earlier times above. This is modified a bit in order to get everyone finished sooner since it will certainly be warmer in May than it would have been in March!
- Awards for the 10K & 5K run/walk
- For both the 5K & 10K, awards will be given for first 3 in the open overall and master’s categories and in 5-year age groups! Please note that only the 5K is a part of The Running Shop SAR Grand Prix Series.
- All participants will receive an official event gift and will be eligible for raffle prizes!
- Packet Pick-up will be held the day before the race, Saturday, May 23, 2020, from 10am - 1pm at The Running Shop, 3055 N Campbell Ave Suite 153.
- Packet Pick-up and race day registration will also be available race morning beginning at 6am.
Pima County Parks and Recreation