Start Time: Saturday, 1/10/15: 8:30AM
We are greatly looking forward to this celebration of our community and commemoration of the tragic events four years ago. Please read all of the information below carefully to help maximize your experience:
1. Carpool as much as possible and plan on arriving prior to 8am to check in and get a good parking spot! The fewer vehicles that need to be parked the shorter the walk to the start and the quicker the departure for everyone.
2. The easiest way to get to Saguaro National Park West is to head to the Sonora Desert Museum and continue north past the museum on Kinney Road. The visitor center for the park is at 2700 N Kinney Road. Continue on Kinney Road past the visitor center continuing towards the intersection with Hohokam Road Watch your speed and be alert for folks who will be there to direct you for parking. You will be parking in the Northbound lane of Kinney Road starting from the intersection with Hohokam Road and working south.
3. The SAR Start/Finish line will be set up on Hohokam Road just off the intersection with Kinney Road. There will be refreshments and porta potties in a pull out area just south of the intersection of Kinney and Hohokam.
4. Both the 4 mile and 1 mile event will be out and backs on Hohokham road and will start and finish in the same location. The 4 mile will start at 8:30am and the 1 mile will start at 8:40am.
5. The Park Service will be giving away some free passes to the park and will have activities for the kids so be sure to stick around after you finish!
6. Also, we'd love for you to explore the park after the event but please ensure you do not leave your vehicle on Kinney Road. You must move it to an approved parking area immediately following the event.
Thanks much and we'll see you out there!
Vice President, Southern Arizona Roadrunners