SAR News & Announcements:
Spring 2014 FitKidz Schedule
* March 16, 2014 - a special FitKidz One Mile race only for children not yet in middle school, presented in conjunction with the annual Dave’s Run for ALS 5k along the Santa Cruz Riverpath in Marana. Event starts at 8:30 am, with FitKidz starting at about 9:15 - sign up and more info here
* April 6, 2014 - Cyclovia FitKidz - as part of the annual Living Streets Alliance Cyclovia festival, our inaugural FitKidz Cyclovia Mile will be held at Mission View Elementary School, 2600 S 8th Ave, starting at 10:30 am—information here! and online reg here.
* May 31, 2014 as part of the TMC Meet Me Downtown 5k Night Run and Walk - last year, 500 children participated at the biggest running event in Tucson that raises funds for the Children’s Museum, Educational Enrichment Foundation, and others. The FitKidz Mile is at 6:30 pm, the 5k at 7:00 pm - sign up and more info here!
Parents, you can run with your children, too! Heck, bring the grandparents and have a family fitness day!!
We learned a few keys to happy, healthy feet are to let them play with marbles and lacrosse balls. Oh, and let them hang out every once in a while! Jessica Best, PT at ProActive Physical Therapy gave a great overview of the foot (200,000 nerve endings!) and the many things runners can do to keep their feet healthy. She even got us to take off our shoes in a group - not an easy task. Thanks Jessica!
The Southern Arizona Roadrunners & ProActive Physical Therapy present: Healthy Feet, Happy Feet Keeping Your Feet Healthy, Happy & Injury Free ProActive Physical Therapy Sunday, March 9, 2014 3945 E. Paradise Falls Dr. #109 at 8:00 a.m. Join us for a social run at 8:00. Whatever your pace, or your…... ...
You can find them here!
One easy registration, three awesome Tucson events—see February 20 eblast details here!
May 31: TMC Meet Me Downtown 5k Night Run and Walk
September 1: TMC Saguaro National Park Labor Day 8-Miler and 5k
October 19: TMC Get Moving Tucson Events: TMC A-Mountain Half-Marathon, Tucson Lifestyle 5k, and Cox Charities One Mile
Easy online registration here
SIX REASONS TO REGISTER FOR THE GABE ZIMMERMAN TRIPLE CROWN
1) Every registrant gets a totally cool 2014 “Run Tucson” t-shirt—the 2014 design is being finalized and will be announced soon! Will the shirt be neon, or will we go with southwestern earthtones, or even basic white again?
2) Everyone who finishes all three events will get a totally cool finisher’s award—we’re still working on what it will be, but we know it will be “totally cool”! Will it be another 3-piece finisher’s medallion? Ben’s Bells? Sandstone candle? We’ll let you know . . .